A Century of Service, Networking, Friendship and Fun
Today's Minneapolis Women's Rotary organization embraces our rich century-long traditions and encourages the networking and friendship that come from the time that we spend together.
- Founded in 1911, incorporated in 1912
- Carrying forward the motto "Service not Self"
- Supporting women's education through scholarship
- The only Women's Rotary in the world
- 501(c)3 charitable organization
- Meetings once per month from September through May (typically the 2nd Wednesday of each month)
- Style Show and Luncheon Benefit April 12th, 2014
We are a service organization
Members vote every two years on the charity or charities that we support. Currently we support an ongoing memorial education fund and endowment fund, focused on scholarships for non-traditional female students with the intent to help women continue their undergraduate educations. We also support The Jeremiah Program, which assists single mothers and their children break the cycle of poverty by providing a campus community where they can prosper.
2014-2015 President : Angela Johnson